About this article:
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Technical background needed: Beginner
- Estimated time required to complete: 1 min
You can create fields that are hidden from the signup and profile modals, and can only be updated by admins in the Memberstack dashboard.
You can use hidden fields to:
- Prevent users from editing specific data entered only during a signup or onboarding process
- Hide specific custom fields in the profile modal
- Collect information during signup that only a site admin can change (like a CRM)
As an admin, you can still use other Memberstack features associated with the hidden field.
Step 1 → Navigate to your Signup and Login page.
Step 2 → Click on the specific custom field you want to hide.
Step 3 → Toggle the Hide from profile setting. Click anywhere to save.
Keywords: custom, field, members, hide, signup, profile, modals