About this article:
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Technical background needed: Beginner
- Estimated time required to complete: 5-10 mins
What is Rewardful and what can I track with Rewardful?
Rewardful is a simple way for subscription-based businesses using Stripe to create and manage an affiliate program. You use affiliates to promote your business/service/product on your behalf, and they earn a commission from the customers they send you.
Here are some of the things Rewardful can do for you:
- Track clicks from affiliate links to your website
- Keep track of which affiliates referred which customers
- Automatically calculate commissions when invoices are paid
- Automatically adjust commissions for upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, and trials
- Keep track of how much you owe affiliates and remind you when to pay them
- Let you configure how to reward your affiliates
- Help you recruit and manage your affiliates
- Provide a neutral 3rd party for attribution
Rewardful knows when a customer came from an affiliate link and associates the customer with the affiliate. Any invoices paid by that referred customer will generate a commission for the affiliate depending on your commission structure.
Rewardful shows both you and the affiliates the history of these commissions, along with their status: pending, due, and paid.
- Pending commissions are commissions that are not yet 30 days old*. We recommend waiting 30 days to pay commissions to allow time for refunds.
- Due commissions are commissions older than 30 days that are ready to be paid. You will be reminded when it's time to pay these so you never miss a payment and keep your affiliates happy!
- Paid commissions make it easy to track how much profit you've earned from affiliates, and they show your affiliates how much they've earned by promoting your product.
Not sure whether you need affiliates?
"You can look at affiliate sales as though you wouldn’t have made the sale without them. One of the main reasons to start looking at an affiliate program is to get yourself in front of new audiences."
Create a Rewardful account→ Use this invite link to create a Rewardful account, and let them know you're coming from Memberstack. They'll help with the setup process.
Enter your Rewardful API Key → Rewardful will show you how to find your 6-digit API key. You can enter that key on the Integrations page and click Connect to save it.
That's it! You're ready to start sharing your affiliate signup page with members who can earn a commission for every sale they help you earn. How much and how often you pay is entirely up to you! 🎉
Note: Each affiliate will need their own Rewardful account. That account is separate from their Memberstack account, and there's currently no way to share data automatically.
Keywords: rewardful, affiliate, earn, program, commissions