About this article:
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Technical background needed: Beginner (needs to be familiar with Zapier)
- Estimated time required to complete: 5 - 10 mins
What and Why?
This brief guide describes one way to use the "update member" action in Zapier. You can find an invite link to access Zapier on our integrations page.
Create pages on your site that are only accessible to members you designate. Every member can have their own specific page. You can create and assign pages to members manually (detailed here) or you can use our Zapier integration to automatically create and update pages when a new member signs up.
*Note: Please make sure the platform you are using has the actions available to create pages from Zapier.
Trigger a Zap
Step 1 → Trigger a zap when a new member is created in Memberstack.
Create a page
Step 2 → Create a CMS page and assign it a slug.
Update the Member
Step 3 → Send the slug generated in step 2 back to Memberstack. You'll need it to update the Member Page field. Now anytime a user signs up, a specific page will be created and assigned to their account. We recommend setting your signup redirect to the login page. Their account will be ready by the time they finish entering their details.
Redirect members to their page after signup
Having a user redirected to their member-specific page after signup is a bit tricky because zapier takes time to process.
Here is a workaround we like to use:
- Redirect the user to a custom page that says something like "Generating custom page. An email will be sent to you soon with a link!"
- Add another action in Zapier that sends a link to the new member-specific page. The email would say something similar to "Excelsior! Our system has just generated your unique member page! You can see it at LINK".
- By the time the user checks their email Zapier will have the new page created!
Redirect members to their page after login
If you want your users to be redirected to their member-specific page after they login follow step 5 on this page.
Keywords: Zapier, automatic, member, specific, pages, redirect, login, signup, create, update