About this article:
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Technical background needed: Beginner
- Estimated time required to complete: 2 mins
What and Why?
Setting up trials:
Companies offer free trials to show their prospective customers the value they'll get if they decide to buy the product. It's super simple to set up free trials in Memberstack.
Step 1 - Navigate to 'Memberships' in your dashboard.
Step 2 - Fill out plan name, select 'Require Payments,' fill out billing frequency, and then select the 'Free Trial' toggle.
Step 3 - Once you have turned the Free Trial toggle on, you can then select how many days you would like the trial to last.
Step 4 - Create and save. 🎉
1. Can I require a credit card for my free trial so that I can automatically charge customers when the trial has finished?
Yes! When you enable the free trial feature on a membership, you'll see another option to "Require a card during signup." This will automatically attempt to charge the member when their trial ends.
2. What happens at the end of the free trial?
If no credit card is on file, a message appears prompting users to enter their card details.
3. What happens when a member upgrades or downgrades to a free trial membership?
Memberstack will not honor the free trial when upgrading or downgrading. Free trials are only applied during signup.
Do not create trials manually in Stripe, as this will cause Memberstack to break.
Keywords: freetrials, trials, creditcard